Dr. Will Cole
October 5, 1983
- Known For:
Functional medicine expertise
Southern California University of Health Sciences
About Dr. Will Cole
Dr. Will Cole is a functional medicine practitioner (IFMCP), Doctor of Natural Medicine (DNM) and Doctor of Chiropractic (DC). He has helped counsel and treat thousands of patients, both in-person at Cole Natural Health Centers, and via telemedicine, empowering them to transform their health using personalized nutrition and natural solutions. He’s been named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the U.S.
Dr. Cole’s general approach to wellness is focused on identifying and addressing root causes of chronic issues using a holistic approach to health. With his diverse educational background and passion for wellness, he has become a respected voice in the health and wellness community, with his work featured on media outlets and podcasts including the Dr. Oz Show and The Drew Barrymore Show.
Training and Early Career
Will Cole was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He started his career in integrative medicine after completing his undergraduate studies at Southern California University of Health Sciences. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Chiropractic from the same institution. He’s also a certified nutritionist and has completed advanced training in functional medicine, including the Functional Medicine University’s certification program.
After completing his education, Dr. Cole began his career as a chiropractor, working with patients to address their musculoskeletal issues. However, he soon realized that many of his patients were struggling with other health issues, such as digestive problems, fatigue, and hormonal imbalances. This inspired him to focus on treating his patients’ health holistically using various remedies. Today, he specializes in thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal dysfunctions, and digestive disorders.
Blog and Books
Dr. Cole is a prolific writer and blogger, regularly sharing his insights on health and wellness on his website and social media channels. He has also authored several books on the same topics, including Gut Feelings, which focuses on the emotional aspects of eating well, Ketotarian, which provides a plant-based approach to the ketogenic diet, and The Inflammation Spectrum, which helps readers identify and address inflammation in the body.
While Dr. Cole has gained a loyal following among those who have benefited from his integrative medicine approach, he has also faced criticism from some in the medical community.Critics have accused Dr. Cole of promoting expensive and “useless” alternative therapies, such as coffee enemas, fasting, and pricey supplements, that have not been rigorously tested. However, Dr. Cole has defended his approach, pointing out that many of his patients have tried conventional medicine without success and are looking for alternative solutions.
Podcast and Social Media Presence
Dr. Will Cole hosts the podcast The Art of Being Well, where he shares his insights on health and wellness and interviews other experts in the field. The podcast covers a wide range of topics, including functional medicine, nutrition, mental health, and more.
Dr. Cole also has a strong social media presence, with active accounts on multiple platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. On his social media accounts, including his Instagram account where he has over 440,000 followers, he regularly shares insights on wellness tips, as well as updates on his work, speaking engagements, and new book releases.
Leaders Media has established sourcing guidelines that rely on credible, expert-level, and primary sources for articles about people and companies. Articles are frequently edited by staff writers. Learn more about our mission, editorial ethics, and how we source references in our editorial policy.
- Cole, W. About – Dr. Will Cole. https://drwillcole.com/about/
- Cole, W. Shop – Dr. Will Cole. https://drwillcole.com/shop-dr-will-cole/
- Cole, W. Functional Medicine Doctor – Dr. Will Cole.https://drwillcole.com/functional-medicine-doctor/
- Cole, W. Dr. Will Cole. Mindbodygreen. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/wc/william-cole-dc
- Perlmutter, D. (Host), & Cole, W. (Guest). (2019, March 7). The Empowering Neurologist – David Perlmutter, MD, and Dr. Will Cole [Audio podcast episode]. Dr. Perlmutter. https://www.drperlmutter.com/the-empowering-neurologist-david-perlmutter-md-and-dr-will-cole/
- Cole, W. LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/drwillcole/
- Cole, W. Dr. Will Cole. Penguin Random House. https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/authors/2254608/dr-will-cole/
- Cole, W. Blog – Dr. Will Cole. https://drwillcole.com/blog/
- Cole, W. Dr. Will Cole Author Page. Amazon.com. https://www.amazon.com/stores/Dr.-Will-Cole/author/B07D56ZG15
- Cohen, J. (2023, March 23). Gwyneth Paltrow’s new guru backs coffee enemas and cuddles. New York Post. https://nypost.com/2023/03/23/gwyneth-paltrows-new-guru-backs-coffee-enemas-and-cuddles/
- Hall, H. (2021, September 29). Functional Medicine: Reams of Useless Tests in One Hand, A Huge Invoice in the Other. Science-Based Medicine. https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/functional-medicine-reams-of-useless-tests-in-one-hand-a-huge-invoice-in-the-other/
- Orac. (2019, January 2). Quoth a chiropractor: “Have your doctor run a bunch of useless functional medicine tests.” Respectful Insolence. https://respectfulinsolence.com/2019/01/02/quoth-chiropractor-william-cole-have-your-doctor-run-a-bunch-of-useless-functional-medicine-tests/
- Paltrow, G., & Cole, W. (Hosts). (2020-present). The Art of Being Well [Audio podcast]. Apple Podcasts.https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-art-of-being-well/id1539535133
- Cole, W. [@drwillcole]. Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/drwillcole/
Any reader who wishes to provide any additions or revisions to this article, including updating any out-of-date information, please email [email protected].