March 30, 1976
Beverly Hills, CA
- Known For:
Co-Founder of Quest Nutrition
University of Southern California
About Tom Bilyeu
Tom Bilyeu was born on March 30, 1976, in Tacoma, Washington. He grew up in a middle-class family with two parents who worked as educators. Bilyeu was a bright student and earned a full scholarship to the University of Southern California, where he studied film. He earned his bachelor’s degree in film before working in the film, tech, and marketing industries.
In 2010, Bilyeu co-founded Quest Nutrition with partners Ron Penna and Mike Osborn. Quest Nutrition produces protein bars, shakes, and other healthy snacks such as low-sugar cookies and chips. The company was created with the mission to provide healthy and delicious snacks that are convenient for people with busy lifestyles.
Quest Nutrition grew rapidly within five years of being founded, becoming a billion-dollar enterprise. Quest become one of the most successful healthy food companies in the world, with products sold in more than 90 countries. The company has also received several awards for its products, including the 2016 Protein Bar of the Year Award from Bodybuilding.com.
Quest Nutrition’s products are made with high-quality ingredients and are designed to be low in carbohydrates, sugar, and calories while also being high in protein and fiber. The company offers a wide variety of flavors and types of snacks, appealing to people following various types of diets.
In 2016, Bilyeu stepped down as CEO of Quest Nutrition to pursue other projects, including those related to speaking, writing, and educating others about entrepreneurship.
Impact Theory Company and Book
Impact Theory is a media company founded by Bilyeu in 2016 to empower people to reach their full potential by providing them with the knowledge, tools, and resources they need to adopt an “empowering mindset” and improve their lives. Impact Theory produces educational and entertainment videos, podcasts, and other content appealing to people in a range of fields. The company’s flagship show is called Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu, which features interviews with successful entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and experts in various fields.
In addition, Bilyeu created Impact Theory University, an online community and education platform that teaches people via online coaching to set and achieve their personal and business goals. The university provides insights and strategies for achieving success and overcoming obstacles. Additionally, it explores the concept of “impact theory,” which is about taking action to create the life you want instead of waiting for it to happen. Bilyeu’s advice for his students includes adopting a growth mindset, overcoming self-limiting beliefs, and building habits that lead to greater well-being and success.
Podcast, Speaking Engagements, and Awards
In addition to his writing, Bilyeu hosts the Impact Theory podcast, which features interviews with successful entrepreneurs, scientists, authors, and other thought leaders. The podcast has become one of the most popular self-improvement podcasts in the world, and has featured guests such as Tony Robbins, Tim Ferriss, and Seth Godin.
He is also a sought-after speaker and has given talks at many events, such as Powerful U Conference. He’s also been featured in numerous media outlets, including Forbes, Inc., and The Huffington Post. Bilyeu has a strong social media presence as well, with over 1.9 million followers on Instagram and nearly 3.4 million followers on YouTube.
Bilyeu has received several awards and recognitions for his contributions to entrepreneurship and personal development. He was recognized by Forbes as one of the youngest entrepreneurs to sell a billion-dollar company, as well as by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Most Innovative Entrepreneurs.”
In addition to his business ventures, Bilyeu is a fitness enthusiast and has said that he works out daily to maintain his physical and mental health. He is married to Lisa Bilyeu, co-founder of Impact Theory, and currently lives in California.
Leaders Media has established sourcing guidelines that rely on credible, expert-level, and primary sources for articles about people and companies. Articles are frequently edited by staff writers. Learn more about our mission, editorial ethics, and how we source references in our editorial policy.
- Impact Theory. About. https://impacttheory.com/about/
- Impact Theory. https://impacttheory.com/
- Kam, N. (2021, May 3). Tom Bilyeu net worth: Here’s how much the Quest Nutrition founder is worth in 2021. OKDork. https://okdork.com/tom-bilyeu-net-worth/
- Bilyeu, T. Tom Bilyeu. LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/tombilyeu/
- Quest Nutrition. Our Mission. Quest Nutrition. https://www.questnutrition.com/pages/our-mission/
- Premiere Speakers Bureau. Tom Bilyeu. Premiere Speakers Bureau. https://premierespeakers.com/tom-bilyeu/bio/
- Weisul, K. (2021, August 12). The Protein Bar Billionaire: How Tom Bilyeu Built Quest Nutrition Into a Powerhouse. Inc. https://www.inc.com/kimberly-weisul/quest-nutrition-atkins-protein-bar-simply-good-foods-billion.html
- Bilyeu, T. (Guest), & Mylett, E. (Host). (2020, May 11). The Quest to Make an Impact with Tom Bilyeu. The Ed Mylett Show. https://www.edmylett.com/podcast/the-quest-to-make-an-impact-with-tom-bilyeu
- Impact Theory University. (2023, May 9). https://www.impacttheoryuniversity.com/05092023
- Bilyeu, T. (Host). (2023, May 10). Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/impact-theory-with-tom-bilyeu/id1191775648#episodeGuid=a8023479-8406-4a60-8a8a-78716f3d3e19
- Impact Theory. (2020, July 28). Tom Bilyeu on unlocking your potential and achieving success | Conversations with Tom [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5UszWywgw
- SUCCESS Staff. Tom Bilyeu. SUCCESS. https://www.success.com/author/tom-bilyeu/
- Bilyeu, T. [@tombilyeu]. Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/tombilyeu/
- Bilyeu, T. Tom Bilyeu. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/user/TomBilyeu
- Dunn, J. (2020, March 8). Tom Bilyeu of Impact Theory: From chasing money to inspiring millions. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/pictures/5e5e6703e1e617000758bb47/tom-bilyeu-of-impact-theo/?sh=258b55f0191e
- Kim, S. (2019, January 25). How This Entrepreneur Built a Billion-Dollar Company (and Nearly Lost It All). Inc. https://www.inc.com/sean-kim/how-this-entrepreneur-built-a-billion-dollar-compa.html
Any reader who wishes to provide any additions or revisions to this article, including updating any out-of-date information, please email [email protected].