A recent investment app gives users the ability to copy the trading patterns of successful investors.
- Autopilot is a free investment app that was released on September 12, 2022, that has become the 57th most popular finance app in the App Store.
- It is a user-friendly automated trading app with educational resources that allows users to copy the trading decisions of leading investors.
- It describes itself as an “alternative to money management” that allows users to copy “world-class investors directly in your broker.”
- The app requires a minimum investment of $500 with signup and has a 4.2 out of five rating on the App Store.
- The app does offer a disclaimer that it “is not a licensed financial advisor.”
Autopilot is still a very small and relatively untapped app, with few notable endorsements or product reviews online. Its concept of being able to copy the trades of successful investors has attracted a small audience to the app, who consider it a promising vision for a new way to invest.
The current implementation of the app does have something of a Meme-able edge to it. Many of the major investors named in the app are investment jokes, such as Nancy Pelosi’s title page labeling her “the queen of insider trading.”
One of the profiles it offers is “Inverse Cramer,” which takes advantage of the online joke that CNBC Mad Money host Jim Cramer constantly makes erroneous financial predictions and inverses his decisions. The app claims that users who do the opposite of what he does can make consistent positive returns.
It also allows users to follow the decisions of prominent investors like Warren Buffett, Michael Burry, and Citadel Securities. It allows users to connect their brokerage accounts to the app, such as Robinhood, TD Ameritrade, and Webull.
“Introducing Autopilot: An app that lets you automate your portfolio by copying top-notch traders in real-time. Autopilot makes investing stress-free by allowing experienced pilots to guide your investments. Choose from our world-class traders and copy them from the comfort and control of your portfolio—automatically. Connect your existing portfolio and copy any of our top pilots. Join the Autopilot Club to gain access to all future trades, perks, and more!” says the App Store.