Adidas—one of the leading global shoe brands—is leaning into web3 solutions for promotional efforts.
- Adidas recently announced a multiyear partnership with tokenproof, a blockchain-based authentication platform.
- tokenproof builds web3 solutions for brands—helping to integrate products into the blockchain.
- “Confirmed” is a customer relationship manager created by tokenproof, which allows users who hold Adidas ALT NFTs to receive preferential access to announcements of limited-release products.
- Adidas has already used NFT technology to offer 20% special deals and tickets to exclusive events, and expects to use the technology to offer birthday discounts and personalized offers.
- The technology is also designed to combat the issue of bot requests, particularly for raffle giveaways.
Why It’s Important
Corporate integration into the crypto economy has been a timid and tepid process thus far, with many companies taking brief dives into the space for promotional activities. The future of the technology leaves its potential in question, as it remains unclear if blockchain technology and web3 are truly the future or a momentary fad.
Adidas has repeatedly leaned into blockchain technology and web3, looking to capture a claimed audience of millions of Confirmed users to help draw more attention to their brand. tokenproof has been successful in helping spearhead this effort as a leading company in helping to bring non-crypto-savvy companies into the space, such as Calvin Klein and GQ, Highsnobility reports.
“With Confirmed, we now have one of the most iconic brands that everybody knows issuing tokens and creating a community with preferential access to products they already know,” says tokenproof CEO Fonz Olvera. “We’re creating a connection not only with the brands but community members too. The power of those communities is what brands need to tap into, creating an environment that’s not transactional but has real meaning to the relationship.”