Traits and qualities necessary for certain industries may vary, but one character trait is necessary no matter where a leader is—hospitality.
- In his book Lead with Hospitality: Be Human. Emotionally Connect. Serve Selflessly. Taylor Scott shares with readers the one character trait that can make a leader stand out.
- Inspirational leaders who encourage workers to grow and develop have a common characteristic that makes them memorable leaders.
- These leaders are memorable for the same reason consumers keep going back to their favorite restaurants or hotel—a positive emotional connection and experience.
Why it’s important
Making an emotional connection with a team is more important now than ever before. Younger workers especially want to feel connected to their team leader and work in an environment they find fulfilling.
As an experienced hospitality industry worker, Scott shares with readers that the best leaders are the ones who approach their role with open hearts and connect with their team before attempting to lead them. Using his decades-long experience in the hospitality industry, Scott imparts to his readers the basic principles of hospitality that translate to leadership.
Here are just a few:
- Grow loyalty by making people feel welcome
- Serve the team with compassion and empathy
- Make workers feel significant to encourage productivity
Scott provides readers with practical steps they can take so that they, too, can engage with, inspire, and coach their team. Lead With Hospitality asks readers to lead by connecting with workers, peers, and customers on a human level.
Lead with Hospitality was published by Matt Holt on June 6, 2023.