A report by GoRemotely reveals that collaboration is one of the top four critical skills needed for employees’ future success. The report also reveals that 75% of employees agree that teamwork and collaboration are important aspects in the workplace.
These insights are encouraging, but unfortunately, workplace shifts from the pandemic, particularly for companies now with a remote work culture, have made collaboration challenging. A study by Aiir Consulting reports that 46% of employees today feel “sometimes” or “always” isolated, and more than 50% are lonely from communicating primarily through a computer. Yet, according to Team Stage, satisfied employees are 12% more productive than unsatisfied ones. This means that making efforts to inspire your team is crucial for the success of your business.
So how can collaboration be nurtured? Research from Mental Health America tells us that the act of helping others encourages feelings of connectivity and support and adds a much-needed dose of joy and purpose. Therefore, encouraging team members to help one another by working together reduces feelings of loneliness because it shifts the focus from oneself and instills renewed motivation and productivity as a byproduct of improved satisfaction.
These 50 teamwork quotes and other leadership quotes can help inspire your team to collaborate, help each other, and accomplish monumental goals together.
50 Teamwork Quotes to Inspire Your Team at Every Angle
1. “Individual commitment to a group effort: That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” —Vince Lombardi
2. “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” —Iyanla Vanzant
3. “It’s better to have a great team than a team of greats.” —Simon Sinek
4. “In union there is strength.” —Aesop
5. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” —Patrick Lencioni
6. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” —African Proverb
7. “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” —Lewis B. Ergen
8. “Decency is avoiding disrespect, not avoiding disagreement. Integrity is trying to get it right, not being right.” —Adam Grant
9. “Interdependent people combine their own effort with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.” —Stephen Covey
10. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” —Louisa May Alcott
11. “Politeness is the poison of collaboration.” —Edwin Land
12. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” —Andrew Carnegie
13. “The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.” —John Wooden
14. “Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much.” —Helen Keller
15. “A team is not a group of people who work together but a team is a group of people who trust each other.” —Simon Sinek
16. “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” —Jim Stovall
17. “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” —Margaret Carty
18. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” —Babe Ruth
19. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” —Reid Hoffman
20. “A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of give and take.” —Barbara Glacel
21. “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” —Steve Jobs
22. “The secret of the team’s success is easy—unity and hard work.” —David Beckham
23. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” —Mark Sanborn
Teamwork Quotes to Build Motivation
24. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” —Henry Ford
25. “A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” —Margaret Mead
26. “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” —Virginia Burden
27. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.” —Mahatma Gandhi
28. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” —Michael Jordan
29. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” —Napoleon Hill
30. “Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.” —Tim Notke
31. “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” —Mother Teresa
32. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” —Amy Poehler
33. “Teamwork makes the dream work, but a vision becomes a nightmare when the leader has a big dream and a bad team.” —John C. Maxwell
34. “True self-confidence is the courage to be open—to welcome change and new ideas regardless of their source. Real self-confidence is not reflected in a title, an expensive suit, a fancy car, or a series of acquisitions. It is reflected in your mindset: your readiness to grow.” —Carol Dweck
35. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” —Ariana Huffington
36. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” —Henry Ford
Teamwork Quotes to Foster Resilience
37. “Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they’re doing it because they care about the team.” —Patrick Lencioni
38. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” —Maya Angelou
39. “You are either supporting the vision or supporting division.” —Saji Ijiyemi
40. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” —Greg Kincaid
41. “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” —Sun Tzu
42. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” —Mark Twain
43. “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” —Nelson Mandela
44. “When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing.” —Bo Schembechler
45. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” —James Cash Penney
46. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” —Harry Truman
47. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” —Phil Jackson
48. “There’s no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” —George Shinn
49. “Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.” —Malcolm Forbes
50. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” —Deepak Chopra
Teamwork Requires Vulnerability
The best teamwork is about leaning into vulnerability in order to strive for collective success. To become vulnerable, team members must feel they have support and psychological safety in their work culture to speak up, make mistakes, and embrace challenges. Referencing these quotes about team culture and teamwork and quotes on success is just a small step towards cultivating this culture. However, these teamwork quotes are tools that leaders can easily leverage to bring their teams back together in a world that can feel disconnected.
For more powerful inspiration from the minds of others, read “50 Stoicism Quotes: Tackle Anything With the Power of These Words.”
Leaders Media has established sourcing guidelines and relies on relevant, and credible sources for the data, facts, and expert insights and analysis we reference. You can learn more about our mission, ethics, and how we cite sources in our editorial policy.
- Dimovski, Aleksandar. “GoRemotely.” 24+ Mesmerizing Workplace Collaboration Statistics , 13 Jan. 2022, https://goremotely.net/blog/workplace-collaboration/#:~:text=Roughly%2075%25%20of%20employees%20regard,time%20engaged%20in%20collaborative%20work.
- Daly, Ryan. “Aiir Consulting.” 22 Statistics That Reveal the Truth About Teams, 9 Nov. 2020, https://aiirconsulting.com/resource/22-statistics-that-reveal-the-truth-about-teams/.
- Tina. “Company Culture Statistics 2022: Leadership, Engagement | TeamStage.” TeamStage, 6 Dec. 2021, https://teamstage.io/company-culture-statistics/.
- Post, Stephen. “Mental Health America.” HOW HELPING OTHERS HELPS YOU, https://www.mhanational.org/help-others.