February 28, 1977
- Known For:
Personal Development Expert
University of Montana
About Brendon Burchard
Burchard was born on September 18, 1977, in Montana. He describes his upbringing as challenging, facing the economic hardships and difficulties of living in a small town. Despite this, Burchard was able to turn his life around after surviving a near-fatal car accident in a foreign country at the age of 19. This life-changing event made him realize the importance of living a purpose-driven life, leading him to his current career path.
Brendon Burchard graduated from the University of Montana before becoming an author. He started his career in personal development after writing his first book, Life’s Golden Ticket, which draws heavily from his personal experiences and hardships.
Burchard’s real breakthrough came with his second book, The Millionaire Messenger. The book became a bestseller and offered advice on how individuals could become experts and thought leaders in their respective fields. Burchard explains in the book that nearly everyone has an expert within themselves, creating the potential for a profitable business.
Today, Burchard is listed as one of the “Top 100 Most-Followed Public Figures on Facebook.” He’s become a number one New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author, as well as a successful podcaster and online talk show host. Forbes called Burchard “The world’s leading high performance coach,” and he was named “one of the most influential leaders in the field of personal growth” by Oprah Magazine.
Burchard is married to Denise Burchard, with whom he resides in California.
Burchard has written several bestselling books that cover topics like business, entrepreneurship, psychology, productivity, and persuasion. His books include: 
- Life’s Golden Ticket: This was Burchard’s first book, inspired by his own life-changing experience of surviving a car crash.
- The Millionaire Messenger: Burchard shares his insight on how to become an influential and successful thought leader.
- The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive: In this book, Burchard explores the ten drives (including connection, competence, contribution, and control) that he claims are fundamental to human motivation.
- The Motivation Manifesto: This is a call to reclaim our personal power and find greater purpose, authenticity, and freedom in life.
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way: This book lays out the six habits that Burchard says can help individuals reach high performance in any field of study or area of life.
To help gather research for his books, Burchard organized a team to conduct the world’s largest academic study on the habits of high-performing people. His team’s research was published by the Wall Street Journal and explained in his 2017 bestselling book, High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way. Amazon ranked the book the third top business and leadership book of 2017.
Show and Podcast
In his videos and podcast, he shares personal stories about his life, lessons learned, and strategies for living a fully charged life. Topics often include motivation, personal development, and high-performance strategies for productivity.
Motivational Speaking and Online Education
Burchard has made significant contributions to the field of motivational speaking. He’s been recognized for his high-energy style and ability to engage and inspire audiences. Over the years, Burchard has hosted many speaking engagements including seminars and training programs.
Additionally, Burchard has made a substantial impact in the area of online education. He’s the founder of the High Performance Academy and Experts Academy, where he offers more than 20 online personal development courses and training for aspiring authors, speakers, coaches, and online marketers.
His online education platforms have reached millions of people across the globe. He has also released more than 15 live online personal development broadcasts that have earned more than $1 million each. Additionally, he’s trained and certified over 1,000 of the world’s top performance coaches in 30 countries.
More than 3,000,000 students in 100 countries have completed Burchard’s online courses or video series.Success Magazine named him as one of the “Top 25 Most Influential Leaders in Personal Growth and Achievement.”
Additionally, Burchard is the founder and CEO of GrowthDay, a personal development app and online tool that offers advice, coaching, and community to “make self-improvement a way of life.” GrowthDay offers weekly classes online and has more than 300,000 users.
Burchard is well known for his mastery of online marketing strategies. He’s utilized digital platforms effectively to promote his work and personal brand, setting an example for other authors and speakers. His success in this area has led him to offer training programs focusing on digital marketing strategies for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Leaders Media has established sourcing guidelines that rely on credible, expert-level, and primary sources for articles about people and companies. Articles are frequently edited by staff writers. Learn more about our mission, editorial ethics, and how we source references in our editorial policy.
- Burchard, B. About. Brendon Burchard. https://brendon.com/about/
- Amazon.com. About Brendon Burchard. https://www.amazon.com/stores/author/B001IGOFHY/about
- Brendon Burchard. LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendonburchard/
- Burchard, B. Books. https://brendon.com/books/
- Brendon Burchard, the Millionaire Messenger. Inc. https://www.inc.com/marla-tabaka/brendon-burchard-the-millionaire-messenger.html
- Information Cradle. Denise Buchard. https://informationcradle.com/denise-burchard/
- 20 Best-Selling Books, Week Ended May 20. Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304019404577420352685994894
- Burchard, B. Videos. https://brendon.com/videos/
- Burchard, B. Brendon Burchard Podcast. https://brendon.com/podcast/
- Motivation with Brendon Burchard. Apple Podcasts. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/motivation-with-brendon-burchard/id821746377?mt=2
- Brendon Burchard’s High Performance Habits. Success Magazine. https://www.success.com/brendon-burchards-high-performance-habits/
- Growthday. Home. https://www.growthday.com/
Any reader who wishes to provide any additions or revisions to this article, including updating any out-of-date information, please email [email protected].